It’s officially the season of backyard BBQs and pool parties! Summer potlucks are a staple of any respectable southerner’s social calendar, and I am no exception! I have two BBQ Potlucks scheduled for this weekend alone! In fact, I first learned about this recipe for corn dip at a summer cookout a number of years ago. I think I ate half the bowl by myself! So when I got home that afternoon, I sat down to search for something similar I could add to my list of potluck recipes. Thankfully, a quick Pinterest search yielded exactly what I was looking for. This corn dip recipe comes courtesy of Sunshine Recipes, and it’s definitely one of my go-to potluck recipes because of how easy and delicious it is!
So, if you’re on the hunt for a simple yet delicious potluck side, look no further! This dish is just 6 ingredients, and the prep time is essentially zero.
Open and drain all three cans of corn, and add them to a large Tupperware container. Add in the sour cream, mayo, and cheddar and mix well to combine.
Dice green onions and sprinkle over dip. Feel free to leave them on top or mix them into the dip.
And that’s it! All done! Easy, right? I usually make this recipe 1-2 days before I need it, so that the flavors can meld in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve, simply take out of the fridge and serve with tortilla chips or Fritos. Feel free to use a fancy serving platter instead of the Tupperware container, if you’re having a high-brow party!
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet golden corn
- 2 (11 oz) can Green Giant Mexicorn
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream (light is fine)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (1 8 oz bag) Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large bag tortilla chips, for serving
- Open and drain corn, add to large Tupperware bowl
- Add sour cream, mayo, and cheddar cheese. Stir well to combine
- Sprinkle green onions on top. Mix into dip, if desired.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips or Fritos. Dip will keep in the fridge for about a week – feel free to make it a few days ahead of time!